Thursday, September 24, 2009

Skinny Mirrors

Those deceitful little buggers. Retailers know exactly what they're way around flattering angles and complementary lighting. Today, my elongated reflection persuaded me to purchase a considerable chunk of my fall wardrobe in Target when I was only there to stock up on Pull-ups and flushable wipes. Well, perhaps Target has a few tricks of it's own (I've managed to spend a small fortune there $5, $10, $20 at a time), but there is just something hypnotic about the almost sleek, nearly leggy reflection standing across from me in the dressing room. I find myself thinking "I'll take it", despite the certainty that my mirror at home has a harsher truth waiting for me.

But, you know, who cares? I guess, from one perspective, I may have been duped into buying something that may not be as flattering as I think. But on the flip side, no one is more critical of that reflection than me, so I may as well find the best reflection available and go with that. The problem is the inconsistency. What I really need is one of those damn mirrors at home. Hell, maybe one above my bed.

Walking around all day in that delusion doesn't sound half bad to me.

No comments: