Friday, April 18, 2008

Damage Control

I don't care what they say, I still won't shop at Walmart.  

I don't believe they've turned over a new leaf.  I guess I have to be happy that they've jumped on the "green" bandwagon, but really, does anyone really believe that it's something more than an image revamp?  Ok, so the impact is still there.  The message will still get out (but not without a gigantic Walmart trademark whenever possible).   And it must mean that the documentaries and the boycotts are creating some positive shifts, but those ad campaigns of theirs are so manipulative.  It reminds me of that thing I read about a couple of years ago about the tobacco companies... spending a few hundred thousand dollars on some charitable campaign or research, I can't remember which, and then spending millions and millions publicizing that "good deed".

Sorry, Walmart, you're going to have to do better than that... and then keep doing it...

No comments: