Sunday, April 20, 2008

My own little neverland

Tonight, with a pounding headache and the very last of my energy, I trudged over to the dryer to pull out the clothes before they crinkled into an unrecognizable, unfoldable mess.  There's nothing fun about remembering clothes in the dryer just as you're about to relax.

Or is there?

I opened the dryer to find a little puff of fairy dust shimmering all around me.  Or maybe it was dragon dust... I don't know which of my kids it came from.  But for a moment, it really felt magical to have the air around me glimmering and sparkling.  And I have to say, that I've had a good number of magical moments like these since I've had kids.  They just breathe newness and intrigue into everything.

Ok, so sometimes it's a sticky, old lozenge or, worse yet, silly putty, but I'm up for surprises.  I love the surprises.  I love having my chores interrupted by fairy dust!

No comments: